Today I am going to share with you a recipe for fresh Strawberry Lemonade. I first made this recipe while I was in high school and let me tell you people literally fought over it, it is just that delicious. I made it again this weekend at a Bible study I attend. The pitcher was empty within minutes of me putting it out. So let me just preface this recipe in saying make sure you make enough for everyone to try or you could have a full out brawl on your hands.
- 1 ½ cup of halved fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of lemon juice fresh or bottled works well too.
- 3 cups of cold water
- Plenty of ice
1. Start out by cleaning and preparing your strawberries then throw them in a blender or a food processor.
2. Next add the sugar, lemon juice, and cold water then blend until well combined.
3. Serve over ice.
4. Separation is natural; serving with a straw is helpful so everyone can stir it up when it separates.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe it is one of my favorites. One word of advice, this beverage is best enjoyed next to a large body of water with your feet up.
Fun facts for today:
“Folk lore states that if you split a double strawberry in half and share it with the opposite sex, you’ll soon fall in love.” I think this is maybe the reason strawberries have such a romantic stigma behind them, very interesting.
One more fascinating fact for today “In a test, subjects who ate nitrate rich foods like strawberries, before exercising burned 100 more calories than those who did not.” So next time you’re headed to the gym scarf down a few strawberries before you start your workout. SOURCE
Thanks for sharing this new fun recipe with us Brittany! Leave a comment if you decide to try this yourself!