Greetings! My name is Grant Short, but most of you know me as “husbie”. I grew up with a family that loves to grill, and I was handed the tongs by my dad when I was about 12 to try my hand at the art. As I grew up, I experimented with many different recipes and I am here to share my kabob recipe with you today. For this round of kabobs I was making enough for three people.
- 3 boneless thawed chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 1 ½ cups of kikkoman soy sauce
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Chop the chicken, onion, and green peppers into small pieces.
- Mix all of the marinate ingredients in a large bowl.
- Dump in the chopped chicken into the marinate bowl.
- Massage the chicken in the marinate.
- Mix the onion and green pepper in with the chicken.
- Let it sit for however long you want, but the longer it sits the more flavor it will have.
- Skewer everything.
- Put it on the grill and cook to perfection (veggies should be slightly browned and chicken cooked all the way through and nicely browned)
I find that rice is a great side to have along with the kabobs because the soy sauce flavoring has an oriental taste. You can also add any number of ingredients to the kabobs whether it is more meat, more veggies, or whatever you would find tasty.
Thanks husbie. It was seriously yummy guys!