I recently started working on a photo prop for a session I did last week. I wanted earthy colors and I really wanted it to look like real flowers. I am REALLY picky about silk flowers. I hate almost all of them, but these were gorgeous. I think it helped that the little ones were plastic. It has a different look than the silk flowers.
Here's how I started:
You can subsitute the paper-wrapped wire for something else. Whatever you can use as your "base" for the crown will work. I just used this because I could adjust it for whatever my model's head size was!
Use lots of wire! Wrap them as tight as you can. I thought about somehow using glue, but I knew that was just turn into a big mess and probably wouldn't be nearly as durable as this one.
Here it is in use....